Hey there. I’m Nicolle and I’m obsessed with emerging careers and the skills needed to thrive in a new world of work. I’m the one at the party who legitimately wants to know what you do.
I founded Future Skills, a training company that examines emerging skills and prepares workers for the new world of work.
This is where I write. For information on upskill training, visit the company website.
I wrote a book to help career changers navigate a changing workplace. It’s career advice upgraded for our new world of work. For my professional site with an overview of to my book visit www.nicollemerrill.com.
I also host a podcast for career changers at www.50conversations.com.
I hop around to other podcasts to talk about our new world of work as well:
My writing covers the future of work beyond the narrative of robots taking all the jobs. I explore:
- Upskilling programs (bootcamps, online courses, DIY learning) and how to integrate them into your career progress
- The future of work as it relates to how automated platforms have changed the nature of work and hiring
- Hybrid jobs and emerging career paths
- AI in the workplace, from workplace surveillance, to automation platforms, to management by algorithm.
- AI, data privacy, and ethical decision making for algorithm design
- Podcasts that I love
I speak, teach, and generally woo audiences a lot.