Hey there. I’m Nicolle and I’m obsessed with jobs and the skills needed to get them. I’m the one at the party who legitimately wants to know what you do.
I’m obsessed with the future of work but not in the OMFG-the-robots-are coming-to-take-our-jobs way. Instead I explore how we partner and adapt when algorithms are our coworkers. Two years ago I left my job as Associate Director of Career Services at Yale School of Management to change the way we prepare people for the future of work. Traditional career advice is outdated. I’m upgrading it for the new world of work.
Now I teach professionals how to reskill and remain relevant in a rapidly changing work environment. I’m challenging old-school career advice and delivering a new way to wrangle ambiguous career paths.
I teach, speak, and write a lot. Here’s what I’m working on in 2019.
- I host interactive workshops for university alumni and mid-career professionals
- I run GlobalMe School, an online career training school to teach globally mobile people how to build adventurous global careers.
- I teach people how to get full time remote jobs.
- I train US career services departments on how to adapt to international students needs
- I’m writing my second book. In August 2018 I finished my first one, a guide to the US job search for international students. The next is on the future of work, scheduled for a Summer 2019 release.
- I analyze and design conversational chatbots.
This blog is a parking space on all things related to my work. It’s part reflection, part framework, part idea parking, part daily writing practice, part gif party, and part accountability. It’s a lot of parts.
The best professional advice I ever received was to always say yes to a conversation. Subjects I love to exchange ideas on:
- International student and global talent mobility
- The future of higher education and who’s doing it well
- Online education, MOOCs, and bootcamp education models
- The future of work as it relates to retraining and reskilling employees
- Using AI and cognitive platforms in your job
- Building AI/ML tools that change the way we work
- Upskilling and hybrid jobs
Need a speaker who will take your audience on a wild ride? Want help building your employees soft skills? Check out my 2019 talks and workshops.